It hasn’t been that long since I bought my most recent motorcycle, the Ducati 848, and already they are releasing a redesign for the 1198, and wow is it gorgeous!
The Ducati 1199 Panigale appears to have a shorter frame, but actually has a longer wheelbase and larger rear tire. It features a much shortened exhaust that sits at the base of the engine almost integrated with the lower fairing, and some wicked new lighting. All and all a beautiful motorcycle with a tad of Tron in my opinion.
The stats aren’t too shy either, boasting 10kg less weight and 25hp more power than it’s predecessor, the 1199 is balanced perfectly with the rider positioned on the bike. Check out these features:
- 195hp and 98.1 lb-ft (13.5kgm) twin-cylinder Superquadro engine (most powerful twin-cylinder in production)
- 164kg (361.5lb) Dry Weight
- Brembo Monobloc M50 callipers
- Adjustable ABS and smart braking
- Wet, Sport and Race modes for E
- Fully adjustable manual and electronic suspension
- Full LED lighting
- Thin Film Transistor (TFT) self-adjusting instrumentation screen
- Electronic Ride-by-Wire (RbW) system with Ducati Electronic Suspension (DES), by Öhlins and traction control
Check out more specs, multimedia and videos of the 1199 Panigale on the Ducati website.
1199 Panigale by Ducati